Ponte dei Baretteri , constructed in 1509, crosses the Rio dei Baretteri. The area takes its name from the manufacturing of wool caps (berets). On the northern side of the bridge is the Sestiere of San Marco.
This picture is taken from the Sotoportego De Le Acque, where a once famous coffee house stood. The bridge is crammed with tourists whilst couples ignore them and try to have an intimate lunch in a canal side restaurant. All the canals are busy with commercial deliveries - this bargee decides that now is also the perfect time to ignore the tourists and take a break.